Welcome to Bepa's Garden!
This blog is about organic gardening, healthy eating and healthy living.
Each month I will be posting Garden To-Do Lists, Tips & Techniques, Garden Project Plans, Photos from the Garden, Recipes and Book Reviews.
I hope you enjoy reading and I hope I can inspire others to start a backyard garden!
Happy Gardening!
~Rob~

Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Enjoying Father's Day planting in the garden


What better way to spend Father's Day than planting in the garden!


Today we spent some time working in the school garden, adding some butterfly attracting perennials to the center bed. It's so satisfying to see the gardens finally coming together!

We have already noticed more birds, bees and dragonflies around since we started planting and hope to attract more butterflies as well, so today we added some butterfly weed, cone flowers, bee balm and yarrow.

Butterfly weed.
Bee balm.
Yarrow.

During Tuesday's gardening club the children will be adding some annuals and mulching the beds. We are thinking about making some cement bowls to add for decoration and to fill with water.

The  mini sunflowers are really starting to open now that the rain has stopped. I can't wait to see them in full bloom!


I am still amazed at how well the tomato plants are doing at the school garden. They are so much taller and bushier than ours at home. It's almost time to start pruning and staking them!


Hop over to the school garden blog and read my post on the progress of the garden and why we feel this project is so important!


Happy Father's Day!

~Rob~

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see those mini sunflowers either! I bet they are going to be so pretty. I'm glad you got to spend Father's Day doing something you really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete