Welcome to Bepa's Garden!
This blog is about organic gardening, healthy eating and healthy living.
Each month I will be posting Garden To-Do Lists, Tips & Techniques, Garden Project Plans, Photos from the Garden, Recipes and Book Reviews.
I hope you enjoy reading and I hope I can inspire others to start a backyard garden!
Happy Gardening!
~Rob~

Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

School Garden Update...


It has been an extremely busy beginning of spring with planned projects, seed starting and preparing the gardens for planting, but we finally got The Garden at Oswegatchie School blog and Facebook page launched!

The project is now officially underway! 
We have the garden layout drawn up, the budget created and the proposed location has been measure.

Front entrance to the school.
Location for the garden.

We received a generous donation of 150 packets of organic seeds from Peaceful Valley Farms to help support our project!


We will be putting together "kits" for the teachers to use in the classrooms. Each kit will include a mini-greenhouse, 40 3/4" soil blocks, a spray bottle and 2 packets of seeds.


After the seeds germinate we will provide them with 2" soil blocks to transplant the seedlings into until they are ready to plant in the garden, or use for a seedling sale.


As I mentioned earlier, I will be donating 50% from all my online sales to help fund the School Garden Project! Feel free to share this so we can gain support while we secure our funding.



If you would like to follow us on this journey in creating an oasis for healthy bodies, minds and imaginations, I will be posting updates here, on the School Garden blog and Facebook page.
I hope you will follow along!

~Rob~

4 comments: