Welcome to Bepa's Garden!
This blog is about organic gardening, healthy eating and healthy living.
Each month I will be posting Garden To-Do Lists, Tips & Techniques, Garden Project Plans, Photos from the Garden, Recipes and Book Reviews.
I hope you enjoy reading and I hope I can inspire others to start a backyard garden!
Happy Gardening!
~Rob~

Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Reflection ...

Today I have a guest post from Amanda (who just happens to be my daughter!). She wants to be a writer and has recently started her own blog "Words on a Journey".


Reflection
by
Amanda

Every year the leaves turn golden
right before they fall,
a blanket of color covers the ground.
I’m grateful for the serenity of the woods,
the beauty of the trees against the autumn sky.
 Maybe it’s the chill in the air
that reminds me of Thanksgiving approaching,
or the way the leaves are scattered about the surface of the pond,
how they spin in slow circlesto create tiny ripples
that supply me with a sense of comfort.
In admiration of the pond, I reflect on other things
I am appreciative of.
My family who is always there for me
with a welcoming hug or words of advice,
my friends who can instantly turn a terrible day around,
warm hugs that make me forget any worries I’ve ever had,
how fortunate I am to have a roof over my head,
privileged enough to attend school.
Once again a mirror image of the sky above
replaces my thoughts as I glance into the water.
The image gives me warmth on the November day.
The only addition to the reflection now
is my smile.

Shared at:

The Chicken Chick

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Amanda! Nature always reminds me of what I am grateful for most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete