2012 was a crazy year and I am a little happy to see it pass. There were some really great things that happened, and a few that I would much rather just move past and put behind me. It has been a year of change and self reflection leaving me excited for the possibilities of what 2013 may hold! I am looking forward to more big changes and adventures while I journey down this path.
For me the winter solstice signified a time for new beginning. The days between the solstice and January 1st are a time to reflect, dream and plan with New Year's Day being the starting point to take action.
With that being said, here are some of my goals for 2013:
- Build a 2nd larger greenhouse
- Expand the gardens to be able to grow more of our own food
- Fence in the gardens
- Put up a 12' x 20' high tunnel for winter growing
- Build a garden shed
- Install rain barrels
- Set up a drip irrigation system
- Attempt to get into the local farmers markets to sell seedlings, flowers and herbs
- Get the school garden started
- Put in blueberries, raspberries and grapes
- Grow more varieties to preserve for our winter food supply
- Plant mostly heirloom varieties and save seeds for following years garden
- Work towards becoming more self-sufficient, growing even more of our food
- Read more organic gardening, farming and homesteading books
- Develop more of my own products
- Redesign website to include information on organic growing
- Organize blog posts to provide information from starting seeds to harvesting crops
- Take more steps to keep me moving towards my dream
- Work less, play more
- Try to live more in the moment!
What are some of your goals or resolutions for 2013?
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!